Apply For The 2018 High Performance Sports Academy Scholarship At Toi Ohomai Institute Of Technology Worth $5,000. The programme aims to support students to achieve high academic results in the course of their choice, whilst pursuing excellence in their sporting code.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is a New Zealand tertiary education institute with campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, and other towns in the Bay of Plenty region. It was formed in May 2016 after the amalgamation of the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic and Waiariki Institute of Technology.
2018 High Performance Sports Academy Scholarship
The Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate/graduate/postgraduate degree program. Scholarships are awarded in the field of sport.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
New Zealand citizens are welcome to apply. Eligible candidates will have free access to sport and fitness facilities on campus, as well as access to a high performance manager who can provide academic, sporting, and lifestyle support. Candidates are also allocated ten hours per annum access to sports support services, such as sports science testing. They will also receive a High Performance Sports Academy kit, consisting of a tracksuit and t-shirt. See details below for more information.
To be qualified, the following must be met:
- Applicants must have plans to study at Toi Ohomai in 2019.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants must be participating in a sport that is recognized on the Sports New Zealand list of national sports organizations.
- Existing scholarship students and Pathway to Podium athletes are encouraged to apply.
- Must demonstrate financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and,
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
How To Apply For The 2018 High Performance Sports Academy Scholarship:
Applicants must adhere strictly to the following to have a successful application:
- Must have a record of academic achievement
- Must be able to demonstrate that they meet the entry criteria for their chosen course
- Significant sporting achievement(s) to date and the potential to further excel in their sporting code
- Leadership qualities
- Applicants must provide a one-page statement detailing these attributes and explaining why they would value this scholarship.
- Two further references from people who know the applicant well (who are ideally not family members; and one of whom should be a current or recent coach) must also be submitted.
- Applicants must attach other evidence, such as photocopies of exam results and school reports, to the application.
- Consideration of the suitability of applications will also be subject to Toi Ohomai’s capability, in conjunction with local agencies, to provide access to facilities and support appropriate to the applicant’s chosen sport.
October 26, 2018
If you find this 2018 High Performance Sports Academy Scholarship very interesting and helpful, kindly share to friends using the social icon below. Feel free to drop your question in the comment box, as we respond to you shortly.