Apply For West & Central Africa Training of Trainers Workshop on ‘African Human Right Mechanism’. The training will target representatives of human rights NGOs, Practitioners/Lawyers, Journalists from West & Central Africa (Mali, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Chad, DRC, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea Conakry, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Benin, Niger, Centrafican Republic, Congo Brazzaville).
Interested participants are encouraged to apply online on or before Saturday, 24th August, 2018 and must meet the following criteria:
- Submit motivation statement
- Submit (prior to arrival in Nigeria) a report on the human rights situation in your respective country (maximum 5 pages)
- Be actively involved in the last two years in human rights work
- Submit abridged curriculum vitae (maximum one page)
- Submit copy of passport
Resource Persons: Resource Persons will be drawn from the Organizers and Partners pool of Resource Persons.
Date and venue: 26 – 28 September, 2018 – Abuja, Nigeria
Languages: The Training of Trainers (TOT) will be directed in both English and French with simultaneous interpretation services.
Methodologies: The course will be conducted in both English and French with simultaneous interpretation facilities. It would comprise general lectures and discussion, debates, case studies and break-out sessions.
- Pool of Trainers on the African human rights system
- Familiar with the African human rights instruments, including theoretical and practical knowledge of the instruments
- Enhanced knowledge for advocacy, lobbying for engagement and litigation before the African Commission, African Court and Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child,
- Networking opportunity with civil society organizations on issues of mutual interest;
- Learning and sharing of best practices for engagement (for applying for observer status, filing communications, making statements at Commission’s Sessions, etc.)
Monitoring and Evaluation: An immediate evaluation will be carried out following the end of the TOT. A follow-up evaluation will be done six months thereafter to further evaluate how participant have progressed in engaging with the Mechanisms, if any.
Certificate: Participants would be certificated at the end of the training.
How to Apply: Apply Here
Contacts: For more information please contact: Ms. Joanna Forster–Assistant Project Officer – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & Mr. John Gbenagnon – Communication and Information Officer – email@example.com or Mrs. Adama Cooper-Jah – Administrator – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find West & Central Africa Training very interesting and helpful, kindly share to friends using the social icon below. Feel free to drop your question in the comment box, as we respond to you shortly.