West Point Application Requirement – In examining military professionalism at West Point, it is first essential to consider the kind of cadets. West Point offers two special programs for current enlisted Soldiers seeking admission to the academy. Qualified Regular Army, Army Reserve and Army National Guard Soldiers may be eligible for the Soldier Admissions Program to the United States Military Academy (USMA) or the United States Military Academy Preparatory School (USMAPS), both at West Point, NY.
Each year, only 85 cadet ships go to Army National Guard or Army Reserve Soldiers, these awards are extremely competitive. Each candidates must take the timed ACT Plus Writing or SAT with Essay. West Point does not accept un-timed scores for academic evaluation or ACTs or Scholastic Assessment Tests without the optional writing/essay section.
We recommend that you take both the SAT and ACT at least once. It’s to your advantage to take the tests as many times as practical, since West Point only considers your highest sub-scores, so you can only improve. You should have your scores forwarded to West Point using the appropriate College Code Numbers. The SAT code is 2924 and the ACT code is 2976.
West Point Application Requirement
You will schedule your CFA with your physical education (PE) teacher. The Candidate Kit has the test form and instructions you can forward in PDF format. Your performance in six events will be judged:
- Abdominal crunches (number completed in 2 minutes)
- Basketball throw (from a kneeling position)
- Push-ups (number completed in 2 minutes)
- Cadence pull-ups or flexed-arm hang (women’s option
- 40-yard shuttle run (for time)
Afterward, the teacher will submit your score sheet online to the Admissions Office.
Check Similarity: How to apply Australia Visa Lottery Online Application Process.
Who can administer the CFA besides my PE teacher?
- Physical Education Teacher
- Military Officers or Non commissioned Officers
- Professors of Military Science
- J/ROTC Instructors
- Military Academy Liaison Officers
Candidates are advice to visit: https://www.usma.edu/admissions/SitePages/Home.aspx
Eligibility Criteria – West Point Application Requirement
In addition to having a sincere interest in attending West Point and becoming an Army officer, these are the primary West Point Application Requirement
- Potential Candidate should be U.S. citizen at the time of enrollment
- Should be medically proven by the Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DODMERB)
- Applicant should be a high school graduate and be eligible for re-enlistment
- Interested applicant should be at least 17, but not older than 23 years of age on July 1 of the year entering USMA (or not older than 22 on July 1 of the year entering USMAPS)
- Be unmarried with no legal obligation to support a child or dependents; pregnant applicants will not be admitted.
- Be of high moral character and never have been convicted of a felony by a civilian or military court.
- Submit official scores on the standardized ACT exam or the SAT with writing test.
- Should be nominated by the commander.
- Have completed Basic Combat Training prior to admission; completion of AIT is not a prerequisite
Kindly share to your friends. Subscribe to our newsletter free to get latest online updates. For a snappy response, provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question any time.